03 numbers are non-geographic numbers equivalent to 01 and 02 regional numbers and are charged at the same rate.
If you have an inclusive call plan as part of your landline or mobile package, they are usually covered as part of this. Just like regular landline numbers, 03 numbers can be reliably called from outside UK.
Benefits of 03 numbersGet an 03 number
- Same caller costs as UK landline
- National number covering UK
- Can be called from outside UK
- Few regulatory restrictionsMassive range of numbers available
03 numbers are an increasingly popular choice for organsiations of all types and sizes. They offer all the advantages of regular 01 and 02 numbers, as well as being very fairly priced for callers. As they are non-geographic, they can also help your organisation look more professional.
How are 03 UK wide numbers used?
Essentially there are two main types of 03 number available:
- Numbers with the 0300 prefix have been reserved exclusively for the public sector, charities and other qualifying non-profit organisations. Please download the following pdf file to check you qualify for this range: Eligibity Guidlines
- Numbers starting with the 0333 prefix are for any other organisation, such as businesses. You will also sometimes see 0330 numbers, which work in the same way.
(There are also other numbers such as 0345 and 0370, which are used by organizations switching from 0845 or 0870 numbers etc. They keep their main number the same and just swap over the prefix. They are not seen very often).
Calls to any number in the 03 range will cost callers no more than what they would pay to call a regular 01 or 02 geographic telephone number. What’s more, they are included in any inclusive minutes / free call packages in the same way as 01 and 02 numbers.
03 number charges are covered as part of an inclusive minutes / free calls package, making them very fair to the person calling you.
We have a wide range of 03 numbers available for you to choose from (charities / not for profits will have to prove their status to claim their 0300 number).
03 numbers and Callagenix services
Once you have chosen your number, you can set it up with either our Basic Service or one or more Advanced Services.
The Basic Service is a simple call divert onto a specified UK landline, whereas our Advanced Services offer you more flexibility, from something simple like an Answerphone service, all the way up to a fully featured Virtual Switchboard with all the options.
You can read an overview of the services available here, or browse the options in the drop down "Services" menu above.
You can upgrade from the Basic Service to our Advanced Services whenever you want.
You can read more about how 03 numbers are used with each option on this page:
Typical Uses / Users
- 03 numbers offer businesses an attractive national (non-geographic) alternative to an 084 or 087 number. 0333 numbers usually cost less to call (or are free as part of an inclusive call package), even from a mobile.
- Charities, not for profits, public and governments bodies can gain extra credibility from an 0300 number. Your organisation will look more professional whilst also signalling to callers that you are a recognised non-commercial organisation.
- Organisations that have an overseas presence. 03 numbers can be called from abroad, so international partners, prospects or customers can still reach you easily.
03 Number Costs
|Callers pays||Standard UK regional rate for calls to 03 numbers dependent upon phone provider, usually part of an inclusive minutes plan.|
|Inbound call charge||2ppm|
|Revenue received||Not applicable|
|Advanced Service||From 40p per day, depending on the service specified. See Available Services and the Divert Cost Calculator.|
|Basic Service||See our bundle costs|
|Setup / connection||FREE (memorable numbers may incur a charge)|
|Security deposit||Not required|
|Cost and revenue excl VAT, caller cost inc. VAT, caller cost assumes dialled from a national carrier, e.g. BT|
If you already have an 03 number you may be able to port your number to us and gain access to our low call rates and wide range of hosted services. Please click here to find out more.
To get started, call us on +44 (0) 333 247 00 00 or click here to pick a number