0845 numbers are often associated with trusted and long established businesses.
With an 0845 number you are compromising with your customer on the cost of the call.
With a Callagenix 0845 number you get free, unlimited inbound minutes with free access to call data and call management. What’s more, if you use our Basic Routing Service there is no charge to divert your incoming calls onto a UK landline number (01 or 02 numbers).
Benefits of 0845 numbersGet an 0845 number
- A compromise between cost for you and your customer.
- Adds an air of professionalism to your advertising and can increase the number of calls you receive.
- Protects you against the hassle of regional code changes.
- Supports Basic and Advanced Services.
How are 0845 numbers used?
An 0845 number can be used with either our Basic Service or our Advanced Services:
- Our Basic Service is the simple option whereby calls to your 0845 number are redirected on to the UK landline of your choice.
- Our Advanced Services give you more options and can be combined to build the phone service you need. Example solutions range from the simple (divert to mobile, answerphone service) to the more sophisticated (group diverts, virtual switchboards). It's totally up to you how you handle your calls.
Often, our clients start with the Basic Service and add in Advanced Services when they need them later on.
Want to know more about how your 0845 number can be combined with our services? Learn more on this page.
Ofcom regulations when using 0845 numbers
The cost of calling an 0845 number has now been split into two parts by Ofcom, with the aim of making call charges clearer for callers:
- The service charge. This is the known part of the call cost - it is the per minute rate to call the 0845 number. Our service charge (ex.VAT) for your 0845 number can be found below.
- The access charge. An additional rate set by the caller’s phone service provider. This will vary depending on who the call is made through.
Displaying the cost of your number
You are required to display the service charge alongside your 0845 number wherever you use it.
We recommended the following format:
"Calls cost 5.8333 pence per minute (ex. VAT), plus your phone company's access charge."
You can also read more about this by clicking here
Typical Uses / Users
- Established businesses with a national presence which want to offer a fair rate to callers
- Businesses running information lines
- Anyone wanting to divert calls to an existing landline (or mobile / international number with Advanced Services)
- Customer service and support lines
*NOTE* Please be aware it may now be illegal to use an 0845 number for post-sale support in some circumstances. For full details please click here.
0845 Number Costs
|Callers pays||Calls cost 5.8333 pence per minute (ex. VAT), plus your phone company's access charge.|
|Inbound call charge||No inbound call charge|
|Revenue received||Not applicable|
|Advanced Service||From 40p per day, depending on the service specified. Available Services, Divert Cost Calculator|
|Basic Service||0ppm, there is no call charge|
|Setup / connection||Free (memorable numbers may incur a charge)|
|Annual charge||Not applicable|
|Security deposit||Not applicable|
|Cost and revenue excl. VAT, caller cost inc. VAT, caller cost assumes dialled from national carrier, e.g. BT|
If you already have an 0845 number and would like to take advantage of our call rates or revenues, or use our intelligent phone services, you may be able to port your number to us.
For more details please click here.
To get started, call us on +44 (0) 333 247 00 00 or click here to pick a number