0845 numbers, also known as BT local rate numbers, are often associated with trusted and long established businesses.
When a caller dials an 0845 number they only pay the BT local rate. With an 0845 number you are compromising with your customer on the cost of the call.
With a Callagenix 0845 number you get free, unlimited inbound minutes with free access to call data and call management. What’s more, if you use our Basic Routing Service there is no charge to divert your incoming calls onto a UK landline number (01 or 02 numbers).
Benefits of 0845 numbersGet an 0845 number
- A compromise between cost for you and your customer.
- Adds an air of professionalism to your advertising and can increase the number of calls you receive.
- Protects you against the hassle of regional code changes.
- Supports Basic and Advanced Services.
How are 0845 numbers used?
Once you have chosen your number, you can set it up in one of two ways:
- Using our Basic Service, you can easily divert calls made to your 03 number on to any UK landline number starting with 01 or 02. This is a simple and low-cost way to get started.
- If you need more flexibility, you can combine your 03 number with our Advanced Services. For example, you could build a complete phone system around a virtual pbx, set up group diverts to distribute calls to your staff, or simply divert all calls to a mobile or international number.
There's also nothing to stop you starting with the Basic Service and upgrading to Advanced Services when the time is right.
You can read more about how 03 numbers are used with each option on this page:
Ofcom regulations when using 0845 numbers
In order to make things clearer for the consumer, Ofcom has broken up the cost of calling 0845 numbers into two parts - the service charge and the access charge.
- The service charge. This is the part we know - it is the rate to call the 0845 number and is charged per minute. You can find the current service charge (ex.VAT) for your 0844 number in the blue box, below.
- The access charge. This is an additional rate set by the caller’s phone service provider, so will vary from service provider to service provider.
Displaying the cost of your number
As the operator of an 0845 number, you are obliged to display these service charges alongside your number wherever you use it, such as on your website or marketing materials.
The recommended format to use is:
"Calls cost 5.8333 pence per minute (ex. VAT), plus your phone company's access charge."
If you have any questions on this please contact us for clarification. You can also read more by clicking here
Typical Uses / Users
- Established businesses with a national presence which want to offer a local rate to callers
- Businesses running information lines
- Anyone wanting to divert calls to an existing landline (or mobile / international number with Advanced Services)
- Customer service and support lines
*NOTE* If you are considering using an 084x, 087x or 09x number for post-sales support (such as a helpline, customer service, billings or complaints) please be aware this is now illegal in some circumstances. For full details please click here.
0845 Number Costs
|Callers pays||Calls cost 5.8333 pence per minute (ex. VAT), plus your phone company's access charge.|
|Inbound call charge||No inbound call charge|
|Revenue received||Not applicable|
|Advanced Service||From 40p per day, depending on the service specified. Available Services, Divert Cost Calculator|
|Basic Service||0ppm, there is no call charge|
|Setup / connection||Free (memorable numbers may incur a charge)|
|Annual charge||Not applicable|
|Security deposit||Not applicable|
|Cost and revenue excl. VAT, caller cost inc. VAT, caller cost assumes dialled from national carrier, e.g. BT|
If you already have an 0845 number and would like to take advantage of our call rates or revenues, or use our intelligent phone services, you may be able to port your number to us.
For more details please click here.
To get started, call us on +44 (0) 333 247 00 00 or click here to pick a number